Experience Europe’s Most Beautiful Places
Are you dreaming of a different kind of European vacation?
An immersion in a different culture and way of life?
The opportunity to get to know local people?
A focus on simple pleasures?
A beautiful setting in the countryside?
A leisurely and relaxed pace?
If this type of vacation appeals to you, you’ll enjoy our European Experiences trips! We offer small group tours in the most beautiful areas of Europe, special places that have captured our hearts in over 20 years of European travel.
Each year we offer several weeks of The Luberon Experience in Provence, France, based in the village of Bonnieux (shown below). Our other trips vary each year, as we share other wonderful places in Europe that we love with travelers looking for an indepth experience.
The Luberon Experience was selected by National Geographic Traveler magazine as one of their 50 Tours of a Lifetime for 2012. We’re very proud to be identified as one of the best tours in the world, “designed for experience, immersion, sustainability, and cultural connection.” Learn much more about this special trip on our Luberon Experience website.
European Experiences Trips – 2014
We’re in Europe now, leading our 9th season of tours:
- We hosted three weeks in the Luberon in May. In September we’ll return for two more weeks.
- We were in Tuscany for two weeks of The Chianti Experience in June.
- In mid/late June we hosted two weeks of The Périgord Experience, in the Dordogne in southwest France.
- In July we’re in the beautiful Cotswolds in the English countryside for two Experience weeks.
Our 2014 trips are now full, but it’s always possible that we’ll have a last-minute cancellation. Contact us if you’d like to be on our waiting list.
European Experiences Trips – 2015
We’ve now taking reservations for our 2015 trips:
- We’re hosting three weeks in the Luberon in May.
- We’re offering our Return to the Luberon week at the end of May. This is a special trip for Travelers Circle members who want to experience more of this beautiful area of Provence.
- In late June/July we’ll return to the Dordogne region of southeast France for three weeks of The Périgord Experience.
For those of you who are really long term planners… we’ll announce our 2016 schedule on March 1, 2015. In 2016 we’re planning to offer trips in the Luberon, Chianti, the Cotswolds, and a new trip in Alsace, France.
We hope you’ll join our mailing list to stay in touch with us through our newsletter (four or five times a year), including our schedule announcement every March. Our Facebook page is another great way to learn more about us, follow our travels, and connect with other European Experiences travelers.
Explore our website to learn more about our approach to travel and a typical week on one of our “Experience” trips. Other travelers visit Europe. With us you will experience it!
- Kathy and Charley Wood
We’re a founding member of Slow Travel Tours, an informal affiliation of small-group tour operators who offer personalized trips in Italy, France and other European countries. All these people have a travel philosophy similar to ours. If one of our trips isn’t right for you, we hope you’ll consider one of theirs.
Follow the Slow Travel Tours blog to learn more about exploring Europe slowly with a small group tour. Kathy’s latest post focuses on an important aspect of our Périgord Experience week. Duck, Duck, Goose… Walnut!! The Cuisine of the Périgord