Experience Europe’s Most Beautiful Places
Are you dreaming of a different kind of European vacation?
An immersion in a different culture and way of life?
The opportunity to get to know local people?
A focus on simple pleasures?
A beautiful setting in the countryside?
A leisurely and relaxed pace?
If this type of vacation appeals to you, you’ll enjoy our European Experiences trips! We offer small group tours in the most beautiful areas of Europe, special places that have captured our hearts in over 20 years of European travel.
Each year we offer several weeks of The Luberon Experience in Provence, France, based in the village of Bonnieux (shown below). Our other trips vary each year, as we share other wonderful places in Europe that we love with travelers looking for an indepth experience.
The Luberon Experience was selected by National Geographic Traveler magazine as one of their 50 Tours of a Lifetime for 2012. We’re very proud to be identified as one of the best tours in the world, “designed for experience, immersion, sustainability, and cultural connection.” Learn much more about this special trip on our Luberon Experience website.
European Experiences Trips – 2015
We’re busy preparing for our 2015 trips:
- We’re hosting three weeks in the Luberon in May.
- We’re offering our Return to the Luberon week at the end of May. This is a special trip for Travelers Circle members who want to experience more of this beautiful area of Provence.
- In late June/July we’ll return to the Dordogne region of southeast France for three weeks of The Périgord Experience.
See here for our 2015 schedule and an update on current openings.
European Experiences Trips – 2016
We’re now accepting reservations for our 2016 trips:
- We’re hosting five weeks of The Luberon Experience, three weeks in May and two weeks in September/October.
- We’re offering our Return to the Luberon week in September. This is a special trip for Travelers Circle members who want to experience more of this beautiful area of Provence.
- In June we’ll host two weeks of The Chianti Experience.
- We’ll offer two weeks of our newest trip, The Alsace Experience, in June/July.
- In July we’ll return to England for two weeks of The Cotswolds Experience.
See here for the details of our 2016 schedule. Our trips often book quickly, so we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible to confirm your spot in your preferred trip.
For those of you who are long term planners… we’ll announce our 2017 schedule on March 1, 2016. In 2017 we’re planning to offer trips in the Luberon, the Périgord, Alsace, and the Cotswolds.
We hope you’ll join our mailing list to stay in touch with us through our newsletter (four or five times a year), including our schedule announcement every March. Our Facebook page is another great way to learn more about us, follow our travels, and connect with other European Experiences travelers.
Explore our website to learn more about our approach to travel and a typical week on one of our “Experience” trips. Other travelers visit Europe. With us you will experience it!
- Kathy and Charley Wood
We’re a founding member of Slow Travel Tours, an informal affiliation of small-group tour operators who offer personalized trips in Italy, France and other European countries. All these people have a travel philosophy similar to ours. If one of our trips isn’t right for you, we hope you’ll consider one of theirs.
Follow the Slow Travel Tours blog to learn more about exploring Europe slowly with a small group tour. Kathy’s latest post Our Friend Francesco focuses a young winemaker who welcomes our Chianti Experience groups at his family farm for a very special afternoon.